Wednesday 9 September 2015

Frequent backups of Laptop/Desktop are essential

Just done my monthly full backup of my laptop.  Just like a business backs up their data so should you do the same with your personal data.  With the cheap cost of storage no one has the excuse not to do backups frequently (and with the issues I read about going to Windows 10 it is always wise to have a backup before you upgrade in case of problems).

My recommendations for a cheap solution are:

Backup software:  Paragon Backup and Recovery does the job well and for personal use you can get their 14 edition free here

External Hard Disk:  External hard disks and storage are cheap these days so there is no excuse not to have one to backup your data.  Currently I am using a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive which can be purchased from Amazon for about £69.96 (details of the exact one I am using here)

So be safe and back up your data.

Don't forget your mobile phone and tablet too.  You often find your phone manufacturer has a facility to back them up.  Certainly Samsung do via their Kies software.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.