Friday 7 August 2020

How Much Math do you need in Data Science? by Benjamin Obi Tayo via @kdnuggets

There exist so many great computational tools available for Data Scientists to perform their work. However, mathematical skills are still essential in data science and machine learning because these tools will only be black-boxes for which you will not be able to ask core analytical questions without a theoretical foundation. #DataScienceHub

My advice is to do a series of mathematical and statistics courses online - many are completely free especially via MOOCs - and bring your skills up to scratch. I certainly had to do that as my own skills were not good enough (and probably still aren't if I am honest with myself). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.