Thursday 1 May 2014

Surprise as smaller Embarcadero buys CE ERWIN

It was a bit of a surprise to read that Embarcadero has bought CA Erwin considering that they are smaller. However I think that it fits in with their existing product mix of tools.  The deal includes the staff so I'm hoping there is a good level of continuity there.  I remember when Erwin was at Logic Works, then Platinum Technologies and finally CA Technologies so it will be interesting to see how the offering is going to be enhanced.

My guess is that Erwin will be integrated with ER/Studio and CONNECT to make a seamless link between the data model, metadata, information management and data governance.  That sounds pretty powerful to me in the area of Data Architecture (which fits in with Embarcadero's aim to be No1 in Data Architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.