Wednesday 6 January 2016

Balancing Personalized Services Without Threatening Data Privacy via @infomgmt

Balancing Personalized Services Without Threatening Data Privacy by Maggie Buggie via +Information Management - It’s a difficult question for retailers to address: are you personalizing services for your customers, or intruding on their privacy?

An interesting aspect to think about it. I think if we put ourselves in the shoes of the customer and asked the question if it was Amazon (as an example) asking this question of me how would I feel? Would I feel comfortable or uneasy?  I have to say I have abandoned setting up an account or making a purchase with an organisation just because of the information they wanted from me. I couldn't see what it was relevant to them, me being a user/customer of them, and so felt I could not continue.  Greed for information is one thing, but when you have no idea why you need it or what you would do with it, why are customers being asked for it??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.